Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with Susan Payton

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: Susan Payton

Lifetips 101 Entrepreneur Tips

1. Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know)

I run a marketing firm called Egg Marketing & Public Relations. I’ve been a writer since I could pick up a pencil, and am thrilled that I have been able to build a career around writing. When I’m not writing, I’m reading: fiction, business books, blogs, websites.

2. What inspired you to write your first book?

It was made easy. I always swore I would never write a book. I don’t write for length very well. But I was presented with a concept and easy format, and in writing it, it gave me the confidence to want to write more books.

3. How many books have you written?

I’ve written one of my own books, and I’m currently working on a ghostwriting project.

4. How do you decide on their topic?

As everyone says, write about what you know. I am an entrepreneur, and my first book is advice for entrepreneurs.

5. What works best to keep you focused and on track?

Lots of lists. I forget things if I don’t write them down, so my Outlook tasks are always dinging at me with something I need to be working on.

6. Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?

Both. They’re two different things for me.

7. What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)?

I sent out email blasts to my contacts (and colleagues did the same with their lists). I sent direct mail, and promote it in my signature and on forums.

8. What are some unique methods?

Because my company’s name is Egg, I sent a direct mail campaign to contacts with a plastic egg sitting on paper grass. I included an announcement on my book.

9. Do you sell through a website?

My book is on Amazon and BN.com, as well as a few smaller book selling websites. I promote it on my website, www.eggmarketingpr.com and my blog, www.eggmarketingblog.com.

10. Do you plan on writing additional books?

I do – just as soon as I have time!!

No comments: