Thursday, May 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with Michelle Dunn

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: Michelle Dunn

Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know) . I am a recovering debt collector who has spent the last 20 years stepping into dangerous debt collection potholes. I am a successful business women and the author of an award winning book as well as 6 other published books. I am the founder and president of my 10 year old Credit & Collections Association with thousands of members.

What inspired you to write your first book?
The people who were contacting me and asking me how they could do what I was doing, which was working for myself after starting my own collection agency.

How many books have you written?
Seven that are published. I have another book that is complete that I am debating having published or self publishing.

How do you decide on their topic?
I base my topics on what my target audience asks for information on and try to provide what is needed.

What works best to keep you focused and on track?
I treat my writing like a job. I work every day. Money is also a good motivation.

Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?
To make money, though I enjoy writing and what I do.

What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)?
Writing press releases and articles.

What are some unique methods?
Giving books away for free.

Do you sell through a website?
Yes my own and through vendors who also have the same target audience and through amazon.com

Do you plan on writing additional books?
Yes!

No comments: