Thursday, May 22, 2008

Promotional Interview with PG Forte

You have been invited to share you experience with our readers.

Name: PG Forte

Tell us about yourself – where you are from, how you got started writing, what you do when you are not writing (or anything you want our readers to know)

I'm originally from NJ although I've been in California so long I figure I qualify as an honorary native...or maybe a naturalized Californian? I've been writing as long as I can remember. When I was in high school I wrote an ongoing serial that was sort of a roman a clef in reverse: nothing was true but the names of the characters who were all people I knew.

Let's see, when I'm not writing I'm usually...um, miserable? lol! Or reading, plotting, thinking about writing. Okay, so I'm a bit obsessed. *shrug*

What inspired you to write your first book?

I know it sounds strange (not to mention corny), considering that I'm currently writing erotic romance, but one of the biggest inspirations I had to write my first book was my kids.

What I've always wanted most for my kids was for them to be happy and not afraid to follow their dreams. Being a writer had always been a dream of mine so I could hardly expect them to follow their dreams if I was too busy to bother with my own.

How many books have you written?

I just had my twelfth book, Let Me Count the Ways (the third book in the LA Love Lessons series), accepted for publication a few days ago.

How do you decide on their topic? I write fiction and I write to entertain so all I really decide on is what idea can best be turned into an entertaining story.

Do you write to make money or for the love of writing?

I write because I have to. If I'm not writing I tend to be cranky and not much fun to be around. I also write to be read--I absolutely love it when someone tells me they've enjoyed one of my books. I fall in love with my characters and their stories and it's so wonderful to be able to share that with others. But, you know, money's nice too. *grin*

What are some traditional methods of marketing you have used to gain visibility for you and your book(s)?

Ads in trade magazines, book signings (when I had print books to sign--hard to do that with ebooks), website, newsletter, blog, word of mouth, promotional merchandise, etc.

What are some unique methods?

These virtual book tours and various online features are probably the most 'different' things I've tried. I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of feedback I get from the book trailer for my new release, Love From A to Z.

Do you sell through a website?

I'm epublished so yes, I sell pretty much exclusively through websites primarily my publisher, Liquid Silver Books and Fictionwise. I don't sell directly from my own website though.

Do you plan on writing additional books?

Absolutely. I actually have a page on my website that lists my works in progress: http://www.pgforte.com/WIP.htm

Interview Presented by
Nikki Leigh - Author of Book Promo 101
www.nikkileigh.com/book_promo_101.htm

No comments: